Friday, April 3, 2015 at 7:29 am

Cottonwood and PC resorts reporting 1-2″ of snow from yesterday’s event.  That’s about all we could have hoped for.   We have cleared out now and will enjoy a warm weekend.

Chance for snow returns on Monday with a system moving in from the west.  This system will weaken considerably before reaching Utah.  I think we’ll see much colder air, but snowfall looks meager with just light amounts.   A follow-up system for Wednesday looks better, but still not great…  we’ll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will surprise us.  Models seems to have abandoned the idea of a third system for the following weekend (April 11-12)…. As I said yesterday, we just can’t seem to win this season.



This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

6 thoughts on “….

  1. Craig Chagnon

    At least we all suffered together. Still holding out hope for some powder turns to finish the year and some hiking at Alta after they close.

  2. Paul Herwit

    Usually, I almost buy everything that you say but this time I strongly disagree at this point with your analogy of next week.. I agree that Monday’s storm will be meager; however, I have looked at the models and have a friend who is a prominent local meteorologist whom I have consulted–who really does not pay much attention to models– and unless things changed radically during today, Wednesday’s storm is slow moving and will PROBABLY drop quite a bit of snow in the local mountains. I THINK you know the meteorologist I am speaking of because he is quite accurate more times than not. At this point, it appears as though this will be a good storm and more on the way after that as the door is open. OK, I am ready to hear why you disagree. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that nothing will change unless as you read this, you see changes that already dispute this thought….

    1. Wasatch Snow Forecast Post author

      There’s potential for a decently long-duration moist northwest flow behind the Wednesday system with snow showers continuing as late as Friday in some models. Maybe this season has made my cynical, but I’m not buying it until we get a bit closer. As I said this morning, let’s keep our expectations low for now and hope it works out.

Comments are closed.