10-day Snow Forecast:
Today, November 1:
- Above 6K feet, 3-8 inches possible
- Bench locations, Trace-3 inches
- SLC Valley Floor, Trace-1 inch possible
Friday-Saturday November 4-5:
- Above 6K feet, moderate-heavy (12-24 inches) accumulations possible
- Bench Locations, may see up to 10 inches
- lower valley locations, 2-4 inches
Sunday Nigh/Monday November 6-7:
- Above 6K feet light to moderate accumulations possible.
- Above 6K feet, moderate accumulations possible
Rain is mixing with snow at 4800 feet in the Salt Lake Valley as of 8:30 AM — should change completely to snow soon. Expect Precip to stay steady for a few more hours before turning to off and on showers during the afternoon. Much colder temps today than recent weeks so bundle up. Tomorrow and Thursday will be dry but cool.
Friday storm is looking pretty good still for significant snow in the high elevations and even decent accumulations in the lower elevs. Lake-enhanced or effect snow is possible in the Salt Lake Valley on Friday night and saturday.
Sunday evening sees a weaker storm move through bringing some more moderate snows in the mtns and light snow in the valleys. Then a break for the first half of next week before another trof looks to affect us around Wed or Thursday Nov 9-10. It’s a long way out so any details would be just guesswork at this point.
Awesome news for skiers, boarders, etc! Shredding will commence soon.
…The Powder Hounds…